Learn how to install and configure Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager and manage enterprise datacenter resources with this five-day course. This course will cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. This course primarily covers the advanced and enterprise-level technologies and solutions available through Microsoft virtualization, networking and storage. Using hand-on labs, students will learn the following.
- New features and capabilities in Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to configure High Availability for Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager
- How to update the Virtual Machine Manager environment and underlying Fabric infrastructure including considerations for other System Center components.
- How to configure advanced networking features in Virtual Machine Manager such as Uplink Port Profiles and Virtual Port Profiles.
- How to configure Storage in Virtual Machine Manager including the advantages and disadvantages between different storage types.
- How to use Virtual Machine Manager to configure cloud resources and provision access to a cloud.
- How to configure and manage the Library in Virtual Machine Manager including Library synchronization and equivalence objects.
- How to prepare the Windows Operating System for deployment in Virtual Machine Manager including how to use Sysprep, WIM and an unattend.xml file.
- How to configure and use Virtual Machine Templates and Service Templates in Virtual Machine Manager including how Service Templates are used in a real-world scenario.
- How Virtual Machine Manager integrates with other System Center components such as Operations Manager and Orchestrator including how Operations Manager monitors the Virtual Machine Manager environment.
- An overview of Windows Azure Pack including how to complete an express deployment and how to configure VM Clouds.
How to configure Azure Site Recovery to replicate and recover virtual machines.
About this course:
- Audience(s): IT Professional
- Technology: System Center
- Level: Advanced
- This Revision: A
- Delivery method: Classroom
- Length: 5 days
- Module 1: Overview of Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 2: Configuring High Availability for Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V
- Module 3: Updating Virtual Machine Manager and Fabric Servers
- Module 4: Configuring Networking in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 5: Configuring Storage in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 6: Managing Clouds in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 7: Configuring and Managing the Virtual Machine Manager Library and Library Objects
- Module 8: Preparing the Windows Operating System for deployment in Virtual Machine Manager
- Module 9: Virtual Machine and Service Templates
- Module 10: System Center Integration
- Module 11: Windows Azure Pack
- Module 12: Azure Site Recovery