Course 20703-1: Administering System Center Configuration Manager
This five-day course describes how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. In this five-day course, you will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You also will learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Additionally, this course, in conjunction with Microsoft Official Course 20703-2A, helps certification candidates prepare for Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest release of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
This course also is for individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration. Courses 20703-1A and 20703-2A, or equivalent knowledge and skills, are necessary to prepare for this exam.
About this course:
- Audience(s): IT Professional
- Technology: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Level: Advanced
- This Revision: A
- Delivery method: Classroom
- Length: 5 days
- Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Module 2: Analyzing data using queries and reports
- Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
- Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
- Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Module 10: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
- Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site